Tuesday, March 28, 2006

#96 The 13th House by Sharon Shinn

I am discovering that I read a lot of series authors. I like to find a series that continues and then I look forward to each new book as it is published. Sometimes I wished good writers could write faster-I get tired of waiting a year before the new book comes out. And so it is with this writer. I LOVE Sharon Shinn. I discovered her in 1996 as she was beginning her Archangel series (very cool fantasy fiction where the "fate of the world rests on the voice of an angel.") Now she has started a series about the 12 houses of a world. Each house represents a noble family and there are warring factions and one house that is pure evil. One king unifies them all, but unrest is growing and a small band of friends (of course, shape-shifters, warriors, the king's man and an unusually talented young psychic make up this intrepid group) take up the king's banner and seek out allies. And what is the 13th house you may wonder? It is the lower aristocracy that owes its allegence to one of the 12 houses- more intrigue there... Great book. Again though, read the first one first- It's called Mystic and Rider. Adult Fiction here. I will tell you when a book is appropriate for younger readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home